All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended for nurses, doctors, midwives, social workers, chaplains, and hospital support staff, this guide gives caring and practical advice for helping families grieve properly after losing a child at birth. As the special needs of families experiencing perinatal loss are intense and require more than just the bereavement standards in most hospitals, this handbook offers tips and suggestions for opening up communication between caregivers and families, creating a compassionate bedside environment, and helping with mourning rituals. Encouraging continual grief support, these specific companioning strategies can help ease the pain of this most sensitive situation.
- Author BiographyJane Heustis RN, is the Pathways Perinatal Loss Support Co-ordinator at Methodist Hospital and the parish nurse at Irvington United Methodist Church in Indianapolis, Indiana. She lives in Indianapolis, Indiana. Marcia Meyer Jenkins RN, is a childbirth educator and perinatal bereavement co-ordinator at St. Francis Hospital and parish nurse at Russellville Community Church in Russellville, Indiana. She lives in Indianapolis, Indiana. Alan D Wolfelt Ph.D. serves as director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition. He writes the 'Children and Grief' column for Bereavement Magazine and has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Larry King Live, and Today. He is the author of Healing Your Grieving Heart, Healing a Teen's Grieving Heart, and Understanding Your Grief. He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Alan D. Wolfelt,Jane Heustis,Marcia Jenkins
- PublisherCompanion Press,US
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationFort Collins, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompanion Press,US
- Weight254 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.