Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest edition of the Company Law Nutshell is a fully revised and updated text which takes account of all new legislation and case law since the publication of the last edition in 2008. The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2009, the Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2009 and the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2012 are all referred to in the text. All relevant recent case law is examined to include the following; The latest cases dealing with the appointment of an examiner including Re Vantive Holdings and Ors  IESC 68 and Re Gallium Limited  IESC 8 are referred to. ACC Bank plc v McCann & Griffin  IEHC 236 is examined wherein the High Court definitively stated that fraud within the company allows an outsider to avail of the Rule in Turquand s Case. The Quinn v IRBC  IEHC 36 case is referred to which involves the unlawful provision of financial assistance for the purchase of shares. Glynn & McCabe v Owen  IEHC 328 dealing with fraud on the mirity as an exception to the Foss v Harbottle rule and Fanning v Murtagh et al  IEHC 277 dealing with new requirements for derivative action plaintiffs are examined. The Rules of the Superior Courts (Derivative Actions) 2010 (SI 503/2010) which was prompted by the Fanning case is referred to. The updated text aims to provide students with the relevant legislative and judicial amendments to company law presented in a concise and clear format.
- Author(s)Catherine McConville
- PublisherRound Hall Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintRound Hall Ltd
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.