Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionComplete digitally restored reprint (facsimile) of the original edition of 1887 with excellent resolution and outstanding readability. Authorised translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey. Revised by Isaac Bayley Balfour. With 198 woodcuts.
- Author BiographyAnton de Bary (born 26 January 1831, died 19 January 1888). He was a German surgeon, botanist, microbiologist, and mycologist (fungal systematics and physiology). He is considered a founding father of plant pathology (phytopathology) as well as the founder of modern mycology. His extensive and careful studies of the life history of fungi and contribution to the understanding of algae and higher plants were landmarks of biology. De Bary married Antonie Einert in 1861; they raised four children. De Bary exercised great influence upon the development of botany. After the Franco-Prussian war (1870-1871), de Bary was appointed professor of botany at the University of Strasbourg, founder of the Jardin botanique de l'Universite de Strasbourg, and also elected to be the first rector (president) of the reorganized university. He conducted much research in the university botanical institute, attracted many students from Europe and America, and made a large contribution to the development of botany. Translation: Henry E. F. Garnsey (born 1826, died 1903). Fellow of Magdalen College, Oxford. Revised: Sir Isaac Bayley Balfour, FRS, FRSE (born 31 March 1853, died 30 November 1922) was a Scottish botanist. He was Regius Professor of Botany at the University of Glasgow from 1879 to 1885, Sherardian Professor of Botany at the University of Oxford from 1884 to 1888, and Professor of Botany at the University of Edinburgh from 1888 to 1922.
- Author(s)Anton De Bary
- PublisherReprint Publishing
- Date of Publication05/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReprint Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1256 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byHenry E F Garnsey
- Revised bySir Isaac Bayley Balfour
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.