All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing animal research, from pigeons to primates, this book explains how comparative psychology can enrich our insights into human psychological processes. Each chapter covers a different clinical disorder or problem commonly encountered by clinical psychologists and therapists, including depression, autism and social communication disorders, substance abuse and obesity, and reviews related research into animal behaviors. Revealing how animal models can grant psychologists a better understanding of the motivations and causes for behaviors that are impossible or challenging to study in humans, the authors suggest interventions, drawn from research findings in comparative psychology, that can effectively address psychological disorders in humans.
- Author BiographyDr Daniel C. Marston is a licensed psychologist and owner of Marston Psychological Services, LLC. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology and was previously Adjunct Professor at Carlow College, Pittsburgh, PA. He is based in Pennsylvania, USA. Dr Terry L. Maple is a comparative psychologist. He is Scholar-in-Residence in the Departments of Biology and Psychology at the University of North Florida, Research Professor of Biology and Psychology at Florida Atlantic University and Elizabeth Smithgall Watts Professor of Conservation and Behavior Emeritus at the School of Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology. He is also Professor-in-Residence at Jacksonville Zoo. He is based in Florida, USA.
- Author(s)Daniel C. Marston,Terry L. Maple
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note8 b&w images
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.