All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems of Compass and Clock take their inspiration from the intersection of the natural world and the human, exploring the landscapes in which those intersections occur. Those landscapes range from David Sanders's native midwestern countryside to the caves of Lascaux and an enchanted lake where relics of lost lives are washed ashore. Yet, the true source of the poems' vitality is Sanders's attention to the missed or misread moments, those times when the act fails, and the perceived clashes with the actual.Here, the satisfying pairing of elegance and vulnerability invites the reader to tour those uncanny landscapes from which one returns irrevocably changed?-?refreshed, but wistful. In a review of his earlier limited-edition work, Time in Transit, the Hudson Review called David Sanders a poet to watch. With the Swallow Press publication of Compass and Clock, we have the realization of that promise.
- Author BiographyDavid Sanders, who as director of Swallow Press resurrected its legacy of publishing some of the finest formal poets in the world, is the general editor of the Hollis Summers Poetry Prize and the founding editor of Poetry News in Review. His poems and translations have appeared in numerous journals and anthologies, and his work has been compiled in two limited-edition collections, Nearer to Town and Time in Transit.
- Author(s)David Sanders
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSwallow Press
- Weight136 g
- Width3556 mm
- Height5487 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.