Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionBy the author's discretion, this version has been created exclusively for the use of extended channels marketing. It is recommended that direct orders are placed under the originally published edition of June 10, 2012. Compassionate, Engaged Parenting as 'a Help to Life' is a plea-on behalf of today's child-which closely examines our sacred role of parenthood. It is a penetrating presentation of what it means to be a holistically informed parent in a world of confused ideals, diverse offerings, opportunities, and possibilities. In light of the poignant truth that the author states insightfully, Tomorrow's humanity is about today's child following the footsteps of the parent, it must be every parent's bounden duty to safeguard the institution of parenthood aimed at elevating the position of today's child-the builder, and the architect of humanity. The message here is a call for the exercise of tireless affection, and time-sensitive attention on the parent's part, as life-models and mentors of a precious developmental being, from the very inception of life to its culmination. Consequently, a cultivated way of life, informed by humility and engaging interaction with the child may truly bring about lasting peace and joy for all, thus serving humanity for generations to come. A deep reverence towards the child who awaits phase-appropriate, urishment and nurturing in body-mind-spirit is urged throughout the pages of this book. It elucidates the importance of modeling life by way of compassionate wisdom in thought, word, and deed. Ultimately, peace and success in life, it is held, becomes the direct reflection of irrevocable life-experience, hands-on; it overshadows all other forms of kwledge. Thus, a child's heart is best touched solely by means of unconditional LOVE-demonstrated with respectful passion and sensitivity towards both self, and the other. In a world that continues to experience the ripple effects of human conditioning and choice making, a change is possible only at the level of the grassroots-the family. Accordingly, our human purpose may be fully achieved through 'compassionate engaged parenting as a help to life'. This fulfills a child's eternal cry for LOVE-by means of time-invested parental attention. In sum, neither confused materialism, r other diversions and distractions contribute to the healthy formation of personality. Kwledge, its distillations, and abstractions-by way of originality and creativity-may only be grounded upon direct experience of the five-senses. All in all, this book offers the timeless wisdom of selflessness-as opposed to selfishness-for parenting with mission and purpose. It is a stimulating exposition of the ageless truth of compassion that underlies our natural human-experience that is our lasting endowment of kwledge and expression.
- Author BiographyNelunika Gunawardena Rajapakse is a proud citizen of her world. A native of Ceylon (Sri Lanka) through her formative years, and presently a citizen of the United States-having been resident there for over four decades-she cherishes her morally sensitive, cross-cultural, lived and learned upbringing under the nurturing guidance of her parents. Nelunika's life idols, needless to say, are her parents who epitomized through every breath of their existence the compassionate values that are central and universal to the great scheme called existence. In appreciation of this view, she recognizes that the very substance that lies beneath all of life is equality-as LOVE at its best-in the absence of egocentricity. The author, in turn, lives to embrace this spiritual legacy bestowed upon her, by her parents. She realizes that the crystallization of values as a help to all that compose life requires patience and conscientious effort. Hence, sustaining a selfless cultivated awareness is crucial to life's overall success. The aspiration to guide others in the direction of true success based upon compassionate understanding, infinite peace, and eternal joy, thus, is Nelunika's life wish.
- Author(s)Nelunika Gunawardena Rajapakse
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.