All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionCompensating for Quasi-periodic Motion in Robotic Radiosurgery outlines the techniques needed to accurately track and compensate for respiratory and pulsatory motion during robotic radiosurgery. The algorithms presented within the book aid in the treatment of tumors that move during respiration. In Chapters 1 and 2, the book introduces the concept of stereotactic body radiation therapy, motion compensation strategies and the clinical state-of-the-art. In Chapters 3 through 5, the author describes and evaluates new methods for motion prediction, for correlating external motion to internal organ motion, and for the evaluation of these algorithms' output based on an unprecedented amount of real clinical data. Finally, Chapter 6 provides a brief introduction into currently investigated, open questions and further fields of research. Compensating for Quasi-periodic Motion in Robotic Radiosurgery targets researchers working in the related fields of surgical oncology, artificial intelligence, robotics and more. Advanced-level students will also find this book valuable.
- Author BiographyFloris Ernst was born on August 6th, 1981, in Hinsdale, Illinois/USA. He studied Mathematics at Friedrich-Alexander-University (Erlangen, Germany) and at the University of Otago (Dunedin, New Zealand). He graduated from the University of Otago in 2004 with a Postgraduate Diploma in Sciences (Mathematics). In 2006, he graduated From Friedrich-Alexander-University with a Diploma in Mathematics, minoring in Computer Sciences. From 2006 on he held a position as a research associate at the University of Lubeck's Institute for Robotics and Cognitive Systems, where he worked on motion compensation strategies in robotic radiosurgery. He graduated from this university with a Ph.D in 2011.
- Author(s)Floris Ernst
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note139 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.