Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reflects on the causes of resource-based conflicts and competition, and presents solutions for safely and sustainably providing resources with a focus on material flow management. The contributions from different disciplines highlight issues such as safe access to resources, conflicts over water and energy supplies, waste of strategic mineral resources, sustainable resource consumption, and renewable energy techlogies.
- Author BiographySusanne Hartard is professor of Industrial Ecology at the Trier University of Applied Sciences, Environmental Campus Birkenfeld in Germany since 2008. She studied Agrobusiness and Ecological Environmental Safety Management at the University of Kassel. Her 20-year professional career includes environmental advisory activities in sustainable waste management and recycling projects and work on material flow management concepts. She worked as a researcher at the Universities of Kassel, Weimar and Darmstadt, Post-doc in the field of Industrial Material Cycles. Her actual research focuses on strategies of safe resources supply by regional concepts, circular economy and resilience strategies especially for producing companies. Wolfgang Liebert is professor at the Institute of Safety/Security and Risk Sciences (ISR), University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (Universitat fur Bodenkultur, BOKU) in Vienna Austria since end of 2012. Before, he was scientific director of IANUS, the Interdisciplinary Research Group in Science, Technology and Security, at Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany. Wolfgang Liebert has studied physics and philosophy in Dusseldorf and Frankfurt. His main fields of research and work currently are: nuclear non-proliferation and arms control, assessment of current and future nuclear technology, assessment of energy technology, prospective (science and) technology assessment, philosophy of science and technology.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleNatural Resource Management and Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 39 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited bySusanne Hartard,Wolfgang Liebert
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.