All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will show you how to optimize your cycling performance. Chapters on basic anatomy, training, testing, nutrition, sports medicine, psychology, technique, and tactics make this book a valuable training resource for cyclists of all ages and abilities. This handbook offers the reader a wide-ranging insight into the basics of training as well as techniques and tactics of cycling, particularly of road cycling. The basis for this information is a coherent presentation of findings in the fields of training theory, medicine, and psychology. The theoretical framework of each topic has been particularly emphasized in order to give the reader a better understanding of the sometimes complex matter. In addition to the pivotal chapter on training, the book focuses on topics such as anatomy and physiology of the cyclist, nutrition, medicine, psychology, and techniques and tactics. Tips and suggestions throughout the book ensure practical benefits. With its variety of topics and detail, Competitive Cycling appeals t only to professional cyclists, coaches, and sport students, but also to n-professionals.
- Author BiographyDr. Achim Schmidt, born 1969 in Cologne, works as a sport scientist at the Institute of Outdoor Sports and Environmental Science, Cycling Department, at the German Sport University Cologne. Since 1985, he has been active in cycling and mountain biking. He competes in street races as well as in long distance mountain bike competitions. He works with many cyclists as a coach. He has achieved the status of a cycling expert through his numerous articles in cycling magazines and contributions on national television.
- Author(s)Achim Schmidt
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Content Note150 photos & illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.44Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.