All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionCorporate managers who face both strategic uncertainty and market uncertainty confront a classic trade-off between commitment and flexibility. They can stake a claim by making a large capital investment today, influencing their rivals' behavior, or they can take a wait and see approach to avoid adverse market consequences tomorrow. In Competitive Strategy, Beit Chevalier-Roignant and Les Trigeorgis describe an emerging paradigm that can quantify and balance commitment and flexibility, option games, by which the decision-making approaches of real options and game theory can be combined. The authors first discuss prerequisite concepts and tools from basic game theory, industrial organization, and real options analysis, and then present the new approach in discrete time and later in continuous time. Their presentation of continuous-time option games is the first systematic coverage of the topic and fills a significant gap in the existing literature. Competitive Strategy provides a rigorous yet pragmatic and intuitive approach to strategy formulation. It synthesizes research in the areas of strategy, ecomics, and finance in a way that is accessible to readers t necessarily expert in the various fields involved.
- Author BiographyBenoit Chevalier-Roignant has been a management consultant for several years and currently is in a management position in the finance department of an international airline company. Lenos Trigeorgis is the Bank of Cyprus Chair Professor of Finance in the School of Economics and Management at the University of Cyprus and Professor of Finance at King's College of the University of London. He is the author of Real Options (MIT Press), Strategic Investment, and other books.
- Author(s)Benoit Chevalier-Roignant,Lenos Trigeorgis
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note31 b&w illus., 98 figures, 26 tables
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Foreword byAvinash K. Dixit
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.