All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
About this product
- DescriptionCompetitiveness becomes a growing concern for developing countries as they liberalise their ecomies and open up to global trade, investment and techlogy flows. They fear that liberalisation by itself may t, in the presence of market and institutional deficiencies, lead to the optimal allocation of resources. In particular, it may lead to the realisation of static rather than dynamic comparative advantages - a threat to sustained growth in a world of rapid technical change. This book draws together recent contributions by Sanjaya Lall - a leading authority on international investment, techlogy and industrial policy - on competitiveness and its major determinants. It draws upon his wide experience of competitiveness analysis in Asian and African countries and his recent work on techlogy and skills. It contains his most important published material as well as previously unpublished articles, and will be of interest to students, researchers and policy analysts interested in industrial development, techlogy and human resources.
- Author BiographyThe late Sanjaya Lall, formerly Professor of Development Economics, Oxford University (at the International Development Centre at Queen Elizabeth House), UK
- Author(s)Sanjaya Lall
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2001
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleElgar Monographs
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight842 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.