All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe last word on complementary medicines and treatments, allowing you to take control of your health by telling you the pros, cons and proven efficacy of all the options. There are many safe ways to treat your family's health problems without the use of pharmaceutical drugs. But alternative medicines can also be a minefield. Do you kw all the options? Are they safe? Do they really work? This guide allows you to treat your family's health problems safely and effectively, whether you prefer to do so in conjunction with conventional medicines, or instead of them. It is split into four sections, so you can look up: / A condition you might have, such as arthritis, cancer, or eczema / Any herbs and supplements that you might have heard of or taken already, such as fish oil or evening primrose oil / Any conventional medicines you are taking to check whether there are any drug interactions / Any alternative therapies you might consider, such as acupuncture or massage The book is endorsed by the Complementary Medical Association (CMA), the largest professional membership body for complementary medical practitioners in the world.
- Author BiographyDr Steven Bratman is a physician whose practice integrates the best of conventional and alternative medicine. He believes that alternative medicine has both strengths and weaknesses, just like conventional medicine. This even-handed critique has made him a trusted party on both sides of the debate. In 1997, Dr. Bratman instituted and supervised the research program that led to the creation of The Natural Pharmacist Database. He has written ten books on the subject including 'The Alternative Medicine Sourcebook', 'Health Food Junkies', and numerous titles in The Natural Pharmacist series. He is also co-author of 'The Natural Pharmacist: Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions Bible'.
- Author(s)Steven Bratman
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/06/2007
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/10/2008
- Weight1461 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.