All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.25Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book makes an ideal bedtime story collection, each story requiring about 20 minutes to read out loud. The book presents a compilation of of all 35 of the action-packed adventures of Warrior Atticus the Great, who has a great dislike for criminals & bullies. At the request of his friend from the government, he helps rid the world of both. In his adventures, he is aided by his parents and grandparents, and they all use wonderful powders that allow them to become invisible, fly and to change shapes. Warrior Atticus the Great encounters various types of criminals, and weird creatures and monsters. Some of the creatures have really strange names, such as the gwimquitchen and the quackenboggles. Some of the stories include true historical or geographical information that will make learning fun for the reader. The stories are designed to help children to recognize the greatness to be found within themselves. Children and adults will all find these mildly science fiction stories to be entertaining.
- Author BiographyWorking with words was a major part of Ms. Graham's career when she worked as a proofreader and classified advertising salesperson for several newspapers across the nation, and a temporary line editor for the Petoskey (Michigan) News Review. She holds a certificate of completion from the Parish School of Classified Advertising, where she learned copy writing for successful advertisements. She was also the editor and publisher of the school district newsletter for the Hiawatha, Kansas Unified School District 415, where she was secretary to the Superintendent of Schools for sixteen years. She spent one year at Ventura (CA) Junior College, where she majored in English. During her junior high and high school years she had poems published in the local (Camarillo Daily News) newspaper, was the historian for the Horizon Club (senior Campfire Girls) Camarillo, California chapter, and was responsible for having the monthly meeting articles published in the local newspaper. She was also senior class editor of her high school year book in her senior year. She is retired from her position as an administrative assistant for a geotechnical engineering and construction testing firm in Reno, Nevada. She and her husband have three grown daughters and two grandchildren. They live in St. Joseph, Missouri with their Maine coon cat Lucy Marie. Her friends and family just call her K.
- Author(s)D K Graham
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.