All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe updated easy-to-learn reference for rough carpentry and framing Complete Book of Framing, Second Edition is an updated, easy-to-learn guide to rough carpentry and framing written by an expert with more than thirty years of framing experience. This book guides the reader through the steps on framing floors, walls, roofs, door and window openings, and stairs. Hundreds of color photographs and illustrations help the reader understand the basics as well as advanced framing methods. This Second Edition is updated to match the framing techniques to the 2009 International Building Code, and introduces the concept of green framing regarding material use and handling. * Deals with the new corrosive treating methods that began to be used in 2004 for pressure treated wood * Covers the time and energy-saving benefits of positive placement nail guns, which have become the industry standard for fastening light gage hardware * Includes a glue-laminated beam weight chart, along with a description of crane operations for setting these beams Starting with the basics, this book begins with types of lumber, nails, and what tools are needed, followed by detailed, fully illustrated steps for framing each building element from planning and layout through specific nailing patterns. Framer-Friendly Tips throughout the book show how to get a task done right and more easily.
- Author BiographyScot Simpson, owner of S.S. Framing, Inc., in Edmonds, Washington,??has been framing homes, schools, and commercial buildings for more than thirty years. He developed and refined the methods in this book, using them to train his crews. Scot is the author of many articles for construction magazines such as Fine Homebuilding and the Journal of Light Construction. He was the 2006 chairman of the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Framers Council.
- Author(s)Scot Simpson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleRSMeans
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight1098 g
- Width204 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.