All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionHere's the perfect companion to that most popular starter rifle, the venerable .22. The best isn't always the biggest--and the .22 is t only the perfect first rifle, but also one that many hunters and shooters come back to and use throughout their days afield. Wayne van Zwoll, a longtime expert on the subject, takes experts and beginners alike through the history, variety, and use of the classic .22. He writes appealingly about his first .22, and the ones he bought for later competitive use. He describes hunting with the .22, target shooting, and details the care and upkeep of the weapon. He discusses the evolution of the gun, and the refinements of the ammo that go with it. Included are chapters on: * The .17 * Practical scopes * Squirrel rifles * Supports * Browning * Getting to zero * Winchester * Holding a rifle still * Remington * The sling * Cooper * Prepping for the field * Ruger * A bullet's way through the wind * Savage * Cleaning * Real gunstocks * Ballistics * Better sights * ...and more The .22's accuracy, ecomy, and versatility have made it an all-time best-seller. Now there's a book to go with every one.
- Author BiographyWayne van Zwoll has published more than a thousand articles about the outdoors, for magazines such as Sports Afield, Outdoor Life, and Field & Stream. He is the author of The Hunter's Guide to Ballistics and The Hunter's Guide to Accurate Shooting, among others.
- Author(s)Wayne Van Zwoll
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight25 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.