All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionAre you looking for a complete course in Czech which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Czech will guarantee success! Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but w with added learning features. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work. By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: AUTHOR INSIGHTS Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. GRAMMAR TIPS Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding. USEFUL VOCABULARY Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking. DIALOGUES Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast. PRONUNCIATION Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go. TEST YOURSELF Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. TRY THIS Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it. This pack includes a book and one mp3 CD of audio material. Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
- Author BiographyDavid Short has taught Czech and Slovak in London since 1973 and is a founder member of the North-American (now International) Association of Teachers of Czech. He has also examined in Czech for a wide range of institutions, including other British universities and a period of involvement in the Czech A-level examination, before it was scrapped. He publishes widely on Czech and Slovak topics, with many items brought together in a volume of Essays in Czech and Slovak Language and Literature (1996), and he is pleased to have had some involvement in prize-winning dictionaries of Czech idioms (1983, 1988, 1994). He is also an active reviewer, freelance translator (including some literary and scholarly works) and interpreter (chiefly for asylum-seekers from the Czech Republic and Slovakia). His other published books include the bibliography Czechoslovakia (1986), its updated revision Czech Republic (with Vlaika Edmondson, 2000), and Customs and Etiquette in the Czech Republic (1996), and he is the author of the descriptive outline grammars of Czech and Slovak included in Bernard Comrie & Greville G. Corbett (eds): The Slavonic Languages (1993).
- Author(s)David Short
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication31/12/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Note40
- Weight522 g
- Width169 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM and Paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.