All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe dovetail joint, which woodworkers rely on for making boxes and drawers, is the hallmark of fine craftsmanship. This unique and comprehensive handbook unlocks the intricacies of the classic joint. Woodworkers will learn exactly how to design and lay out all forms of the dovetail, and how to saw and chisel the mating parts for a perfect fit. With detailed explanations at every step and a refreshingly contemporary approach, master craftsman Ian Kirby shows how to achieve superb results with traditional hand tools as well as modern router jigs. Variations include the through, single-lap and double-lap dovetail; the secret miter dovetail; dovetail housings; and rail-to-leg dovetails. Every serious woodworker will need to own this essential reference.
- Author BiographyIan Kirby is a designer, furniture maker, and writer who was trained in the British arts-and-crafts tradition. He is the author of The Accurate Router, The Accurate Tablesaw, and Sharpening with Waterstones. He lives in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Ian J. Kirby
- PublisherLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationFresno, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLinden Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date28/08/2008
- Content Noteb/w photos & illus
- Weight304 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.