All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive guide to dressmaking combines clear step-by-step photography with accompanying online video tutorials to teach you everything you need to kw about dressmaking. Read up on the essential techniques in the book, then enhance your understanding by viewing the online movies, simply scanning the QR codes with your smartphone or tablet, or using your browser on your laptop or PC. Learn a wide range of dressmaking techniques, from how to use and adapt patterns, to sewing hems, zippers, and adding embellishments. Packed with practical advice on tools and equipment, fabrics and tions, and construction techniques, you'll be able to confidently create clothes with the perfect fit. With separate sections on couture sewing techniques and troubleshooting tips, this book is a comprehensive guide whether you already make your own clothes or are just starting out.
- Author BiographyLorna Knight specialized in textiles at Queen Margaret University College in Edinburgh. After working as a designer's assistant, she spent ten years teaching Design and Technology in middle schools in the UK before setting up a business designing and making lingerie and running workshops teaching a wide range of sewing skills. She continues to run workshops which involve passing on hints and tips from both the couture and high street fashion worlds, enabling her students to create their own garments and projects. Lorna also writes regularly for Sewing World magazines and has contributed to many sewing books and other fashion sewing publications.
- Author(s)Lorna Knight
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note800 colour
- Width195 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.