All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want to develop a solid understanding of Finnish and communicate confidently with others? Through authentic conversations, vocabulary building, grammar explanations and extensive practice and review, Complete Finnish will equip you with the skills you need to use Finnish in a variety of settings and situations, developing your cultural awareness along the way. What will I achieve by the end of the course? By the end of Complete Finnish you will have a solid intermediate-level grounding in the four key skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening - and be able to communicate with confidence and accuracy. Is this course for me? If you want to move confidently from beginner to intermediate level, this is the course for you. It's perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-to-one tutor, or for the beginner classroom. It can also be used as a refresher course. What do I get? -18 learning units plus verbs reference and word glossary and revision section -Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick -Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening, and speaking -Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner -Culture tes - learn about the people and places of Finland -Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims -Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken Finnish -Test Yourself - see and track your own progress *Complete Finnish maps from Novice Low to Advanced Low level proficiency of ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and from A1 Beginner to B1/B2 Upper Intermediate level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) guidelines. The audio for this course can be downloaded from the Teach Yourself Library app or streamed at library.teachyourself.com. Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
- Author BiographyTerttu Leney has taught Finnish at Chelsea & Westminster Adult Education Institute, the University of Surrey and the UK Foreign Office in London. She has also been a freelance broadcaster for the Finnish section of the BBC World Service and Examinations Administrator for Language Testing Associates, London. In 1996 she gained a Postgraduate Diploma in Current Developments in Language Training from the University of Westminster.
- Author(s)Terttu Leney
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Weight550 g
- Width168 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Contained items statementContains Downloadable audio file and Paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.