All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRepresenting a tradition more than 2,000 years old, the Chinese horoscope cycle lasts for a period of twelve years, with each year featuring a different symbolic animal. Ancient Chinese beliefs, which persist to the current day, hold that the year of one's birth has a great effect on one's character, which relates to the features of that year's symbolic animal. <p/>For example, a person born during the year of the mouse will be smart and rich, which are characteristics attributed to the mouse. Likewise a person born in the year of the ox will be hardworking and down-to-earth, while a person born in the year of the tiger will be majestic and fierce. <p/>There are further levels of refinement to the Chinese horoscope cycle, based on beliefs related to the ancient divination text, Classic of Changes (I Ching), the Five Elements Theory (metal, wood, water, fire, earth), yin and yang, and the Ten Celestial Stems and Twelve Terrestrial Branches. These concepts, fundamental in China, are explained in this book, giving a fuller understanding of the Chinese zodiac, as well as an insight into Chinese culture. <p/>Today, a vast number of people around the world believe their zodiac animal influences their hearts, minds, fortunes and relationships. Do you kw to which symbolic animal you belong, according to the year of your birth? And do you kw the element and other nuances of the forces that rule your particular birth year? This kwledge can guide you in every step of life, helping you to answer such important questions as: Who is a good partner? What kind of job is most suitable? Get to kw yourself better with this handy guide.
- Author BiographyZheng Weijian received his PhD degree from China's Renmin University in 1992. His research focuses on non-rational philosophy, including the culture of Chinese horoscopes and the Classic of Changes (I Ching). Among his publications are The Secret Code of Luck--Happy Geomancy, Good Luck Is Brought by Prosperous Geomancy, and several other works.
- Author(s)Zheng Weijian
- PublisherShanghai Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShanghai Press
- Content Note12 black and white paper cutting zodiac animals
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.