All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<p> Here's the missing guide for slowpitch softball. It's t a fastpitch softball book adapted to slowpitch softball. It's a comprehensive and original instructional guide to the unique sport of slowpitch. <p> With Complete Guide to Slowpitch Softball, you will learn basic to advanced offensive and defensive techniques. And the comprehensive coverage of slowpitch strategies and tactics, as well as expert advice on physical and psychological conditioning, will ensure you step out of the dugout confident and prepared. <p> Senior softball Hall of Famer Rainer Martens and his wife, Julie Martens, put their wealth of expertise together in this one-of-a-kind book and DVD package. With over 45 years of softball experience and PhDs in the sport sciences, Rainer and Julie bring unique insight into all aspects of the game to help players, coaches, and fans alike hit a home run in this exciting game.
- Author Biography<p> Rainer Martens has been playing softball for 45 years. He is a stand-out player and coach for the Florida Legends, the most decorated senior softball team in the United States with over 80 National Championships. In 18 national tournaments, Martens-coached teams have won 16 national championships and placed second in the other two. His passion and achievements in softball were rewarded when he was inducted into the National Senior Softball Hall of Fame in 2009. <p> Rainer Martens has written 16 books and hundreds of articles. His book Successful Coaching has sold over 1 million copies, and it is the top-selling coaching book of all time. <p> Julie Martens is the team manager, scorekeeper, and statistician for the Florida Legends senior softball team. Through her years of playing women's and coed slowpitch softball and as team manager, she's developed an exceptional knowledge of the sport. <p> Rainer and Julie Martens both received PhDs in sport psychology from the University of Illinois. They have been married since 1992 and reside in Ormond Beach, Florida. In addition to watching, playing, and traveling for softball, they enjoy biking and photography in their spare time.
- Author(s)Dr Rainer Martens,Dr. Rainer Martens,Julie Martens,Julie S Martens
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 264 black & white halftones
- Weight948 g
- Width215 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.