All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Jackson's major new title Complete Pleats is the most comprehensive book about pleating on the market. It explains how pleating systems can be stretched, compressed, flared, skewed, multiplied and mirrored, showing how from simple ideas, a huge number of original pleat forms can be created. Each technique is explained with a series of step-by-step photographs and line illustrations, enabling the designer to work through the basic principles of pleating and then adapt them to their specific needs. Complete Pleats also features more than 60 examples of pleats from the worlds of architecture, fashion and product design. Paul Jackson has taught pleating techniques to students of Fashion Design for 30 years, in both paper and fabric. Complete Pleats is the definitive practical guide for anyone wishing to create and make pleats.
- Author BiographyPaul Jackson has been a professional paper folder and paper artist since 1982 and is the author of more than 30 books on paper arts and crafts. He has taught the techniques of folding on more than 150 university-level design courses in the US, Germany, Belgium, the UK, Canada, and Israel. These include courses of Architecture, Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Textile Design, Jewelry, Product Design, Packaging, Ceramics, Industrial Design, Fine Art, Basic Design, and Interior Design. He has also taught many workshops in museums, arts centres, and festivals and been a 'folding consultant' for companies such as Nike and Siemens.
- Author(s)Paul Jackson
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note660 illustrations, 650 in colour
- Weight1160 g
- Width190 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.