All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionComplete Taekwondo Poomsae is the most complete reference book available on the Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt Poomsae of WTF style Taekwondo. Grandmasters Kyu Hung Lee and Sang H. Kim have combined their extensive taekwondo kwledge to teach you t only the 25 official taekwondo poomsae, but the meaning of the forms, the principles of Poomsae performance and the philosophy that underlies the techniques. Each Poomsae is thoroughly illustrated with clear and technically precise photos. The instructional text is supplemented with information about the meaning, movement line and symbol of each form as well as the correct execution of each new movement introduced in the form. In addition to the 25 official Poomsae, the authors explain Poomsae theory and principles to help you understand the underlying concepts of Poomsae practice. Topics covered include: characteristics of poomsae, 13 fundamental taekwondo techniques, stance, vital targets, bodily weapons, structural principles of poomsae, poomsae creating, movement principles, performance tips, mastery, termilogy, origin of Taegeuk and Palgwae, meaning of the trigrams, and complete Korean and English poomsae termilogy. Much of this information has never before been translated into English. The following Poomsae are included: Poomsae Taegeuk Il Jang; Poomsae Taegeuk Ee Jang; Poomsae Taegeuk Sam Jang; Poomsae Taegeuk Sah Jang; Poomsae Taegeuk Oh Jang; Poomsae Taegeuk Yuk Jang; Poomsae Taegeuk Chil Jang; Poomsae Taegeuk Pal Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Il Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Ee Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Sam Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Sah Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Oh Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Yuk Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Chil Jang; Poomsae Palgwae Pal Jang; Poomsae Koryo; Poomsae Keumgang; Poomsae Taebaek; Poomsae Pyongwon; Poomsae Sipjin; Poomsae Jitae; Poomsae Cheonkwon; Poomsae Hansoo; Poomse Ilyeo.
- Author BiographySang H Kim is an internationally respected author of 8 books. He currently devotes his time to teaching, writing and presenting seminars around the world.
- Author(s)Kyu Hyung Lee,Sang H. Kim
- PublisherTurtle Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationWethersfield, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtle Press,U.S.
- Content Note1000+ b/w photos
- Weight1225 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.