CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis product is most effective when used in conjunction with the corresponding audio support. - You can purchase the book and audio support as a pack (ISBN: 9781444105810) - The audio support is also sold separately (ISBN: 9781444105827) (copy and paste the ISBN number into the search bar to find these products) Are you looking for a complete course in Xhosa which takes you effortlessly from beginner to confident speaker? Whether you are starting from scratch, or are just out of practice, Complete Xhosa will guarantee success! Now fully updated to make your language learning experience fun and interactive. You can still rely on the benefits of a top language teacher and our years of teaching experience, but w with added learning features within the course and online. The course is structured in thematic units and the emphasis is placed on communication, so that you effortlessly progress from introducing yourself and dealing with everyday situations, to using the phone and talking about work. By the end of this course, you will be at Level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages: Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: NOT GOT MUCH TIME? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. AUTHOR INSIGHTS Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. GRAMMAR TIPS Easy-to-follow building blocks to give you a clear understanding. USEFUL VOCABULARY Easy to find and learn, to build a solid foundation for speaking. DIALOGUES Read and listen to everyday dialogues to help you speak and understand fast. PRONUNCIATION Don't sound like a tourist! Perfect your pronunciation before you go. TEST YOURSELF Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. EXTEND YOUR KNOWLEDGE Extra online articles at: www.teachyourself.com to give you a richer understanding of the culture and history of Xhosa speakers. TRY THIS Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyBeverley Kirsch has taught Xhosa at the medical schools of the Universities of Cape Town and Stellenbosch as well as at various multinational companies and various other institutions. Silvia Skorge, linguist, was Associate Professor in the Department of German at the University of the Western Cape and has been involved in producing textbooks in several other languages. Sindiwe Magona, one of South Africa's well-known contemporary authors, taught Xhosa at school and university level until she took up a position at the United Nations in New York in the 1980s. Theresa Soci is an experienced Xhosa teacher and translator. Their collaboration spans more than 25 years.
- Author(s)Beverly Kirsch,Silvia Skorgei
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication31/12/2010
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Note40
- Weight320 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.