All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Haridimos Tsoukas, one of the most imaginative organization theorists of our time, examines the nature of kwledge in organizations, and how individuals and scholars approach the concept of kwledge. Tsoukas firstly looks at organizational kwledge and its embeddedness in social contexts and forms of life. He shows that kwledge is t just a collection of free floating representations of the world to be used at will, but an activity constitutive of the world. On the one hand the organization as an institutionalized system does produce regularities that can can be captured via propositional forms of kwledge. On the other, the organization as practice, as a lifeworld, or as an open-ended system produce stories, values, and shared traditions which can only be captured by narrative forms of kwledge. Secondly, Tsoukas looks at the issue of how individuals deal with the tion of complexity in organizations: Our inability to reduce the behaviour of complex organizations to their constituent parts. Drawing on concepts such as discourse, narrativity, and reflexivity, he adopts a hermeneutical approach to the issue. Finally Tsoukas examines the concept of meta-kwledge, and how we kw what we kw. Arguing that the underlying representationalist epistemology of much of mainstream management causes many problems, he advocates adopting a more discursive approach. He describes what such an epistemology might be, and illustrates it with examples from organization studies and strategic management. An ideal introduction to the thinking of a leading organizational theorist, this book will be essential reading for academics, researchers, and students of Kwledge Management, Organization Studies, Management Studies, Business Strategy, and Applied Epistemology.
- Author BiographyHaridimos Tsoukas is the George D. Mavros Research Professor of Organization and Management at ALBA in Greece, and Professor of Organization Studies, University of Warwick, UK. Previous positions held include Lecturer at Warwick Business School (1990-5), and Associate Professor at the University of Cyprus.
- Author(s)Haridimos Tsoukas
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2004
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight609 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.