All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's business climate, accountability, transparency, and a high regard for laws, regulations, and ethical conduct is as much a part of how an organization manages its affairs as its primary mission and operations. Compliance Management for Public, Private, or Nonprofit Organizations is a complete, hands-on guide to implementing strategies and techniques for developing, managing, and improving the compliance function of any organization. Author Michael G. Silverman is a corporate expert in strategic planning, program management, compliance, risk assessment, and policy development. In Compliance Management for Public, Private, or Nonprofit Organizations, he presents a comprehensive treatment of the subject by examining the traditional compliance issues associated with laws and regulations, as well as matters surrounding ethical behavior, organizational structure, techlogy, administration, and risk management. From establishing compliance goals and managing education and training programs to operating a whistle-blowing program and addressing staffing and budgeting requirements, this practical resource covers everything compliance officers and risk and organizational managers need to kw, including: Where and how to establish a compliance program within an organization The critical skills and expertise for maintaining an effective compliance program Pros and cons of making a compliance program a part-time function of an organization How to deliver bad news to senior management--and survive Compliance Management for Public, Private, or Nonprofit Organizations includes a wealth of examples that illustrate the real-world applications of critical strategies and techniques for using the board of directors and senior management to promote compliance, reduce employee and management barriers to compliance, conduct in-depth risk assessment and compliance audits, and more.
- Author BiographyMichael G. Silverman heads a consulting practice that helps organizations manage risk and compliance, corporate ethics, and corporate governance. He is also on the faculties of Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs and at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the largest non-governmental regulator for all securities firms doing business in the United States.
- Author(s)Michael G. Silverman
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleProfessional Finance & Investment
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight611 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.