All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlaucoma surgery is difficult and fraught with complications. Some complications are common and mild, while others are rare and/or vision threatening. However, good outcomes are still likely if those complications encountered are managed properly. This book is intended for those surgeons wishing to improve their skills and abilities to manage difficult problems that will come up during the care of glaucoma patients. Comprising seven comprehensive sections, chapters in this volume address outflow mechanisms after glaucoma surgery, wound healing processes and modulators, complications in filtering surgery, tube shunt implantation, and angle procedures, among other topics. The authors of each chapter provide surgical and clinical pearls t only for managing difficulties but in preventing them as well. Additionally, because each surgeon has their own way of addressing a particular situation, there is commentary at the end of each chapter to provide ather opinion or strategy for dealing with a particular surgical scenario. Cross-referencing is provided throughout this book to direct the reader to as many helpful sections as possible. Both thorough and highly-illustrative, this book will help both new and experienced glaucoma surgeons deal with complications and provide successful results for their patients.
- Author BiographyRobert M. Feldman, MD, is Professor and Chairman, the Ruiz Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He serves as Director at the Robert Cizik Eye Clinic. Nicholas P. Bell, MD, is Clinical Associate Professor, the Ruiz Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He currently serves as the Chief of Ophthalmology at the Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital in Houston, TX.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1232 g
- Width188 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byNicholas P. Bell,Robert M. Feldman
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.