All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComposite Materials Handbook #3 continues this practical, hands-on series on composites with helpful how-to projects that cover a variety of topics geared toward assisting home-builders in completing their composite projects. Handbook #3 starts off where Handbook #2 ended, expanding on mold-making techniques including special methods for creating molds and composite copies of existing parts, fabricating molds from clay models, and making advanced mold systems using computer modeling software. Several alternative methods of fabricating one-off parts are presented in this book, including molding over frameworks and human forms, as well as using stock composites to build simple structures. Hands-on projects include an automotive body panel, (formed by using an existing panel to make the mold), a camper shell, and a hollow-body guitar. Composite repairs are also covered in this book, along with a primer on computer-aided analysis of composites structures and an inside look at how professional fabricators build high tech composite parts for aerospace, racing, and the sports industries. Composite Materials Handbook #3 demonstrates advanced mold making techniques, including the use of routers and CNC machines in the making of molds. The use of silicone-compression molds, to form complex shapes, is also included. This is the book for anyone who's ready to advance beyond the methods and projects presented in the first two volumes. Take your skills to the next level with Composite Materials Handbook #3.
- Author BiographyJohn Wanberg is an Assistant Professor of Industrial Design at Metropolitan State College of Denver where he teaches design materials and studio classes. He has worked professionally in the design and manufacture of varied composite products ranging from wearable medical robotic devices to aftermarket automotive parts and alternatively powered vehicles.
- Author(s)John Wanberg
- PublisherWolfgang Publications
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleComposite Garage
- Place of PublicationStillwater, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWolfgang Publications
- Out-of-print date20/02/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.