All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComposition No. 1 is a re-imagining of the little kwn classic by French writer, Marc Saporta. This is the first ever book in a box, originally published in 1962, that went on to inspire later works such as The Unfortunates by BS Johnson. In many ways it was a book published ahead of its time; it t only challenges our perceptions of what makes a book a book, but it also challenges us to read in a different way. Quite literally, Composition No. 1 is made up entirely of loose pages. Each page contains its own self-contained narrative and so it is left to the reader to shuffle through and decide which order to read them in, and how much or little they want to read before they begin again. This format uses the interactive messing, shuffling, and sliding we're so familiar with on our screens and brings it to a physical book. The book's publication will be accompanied by the release of an App, allowing users to randomise the book, exploring and extending the reading experience on screen, uncovering the full potential of reading the book in a nlinear way.
- Author BiographyMarc Saporta (1923-2009) was a French novelist, essayist and literary critic. He is the author of five acclaimed novels: Le Furet (1959), La Distribution (1961), La Quete (1961), Composition No. 1 (1962) and Les Invites (1964). He also translated writings by Ernest Hemingway, Jack Kerouac and Martin Luther King.
- Author(s)Marc Saporta
- PublisherVisual Editions Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVisual Editions Ltd
- Content Note150
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Introduction byTom Uglow
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.