All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionCompositionality in Formal Semantics is a collection of Barbara Partee's papers that have been influential in the field but are t readily available and includes a new introductory essay in which Partee reflects on how her thinking and the field of semantics have developed over the past 35 years. * Brings together, in one volume, influential but difficult to find papers by one of the most important researchers in formal semantics. * Includes a new introductory essay in which Partee reflects on how her research and the field of semantics have developed over the past 35 years. * Discusses critical themes in semantic theory.
- Author BiographyBarbara H. Partee is Distinguished University Professor of Linguistics and Philosophy at the University of Massachusetts--Amherst, and is the author of several landmark essays in formal semantics. She has written and edited numerous books, including Formal Semantics: The Essential Readings (edited with Paul Portner, Blackwell, 2002), Mathematical Methods in Linguistics (with Alice ter Meulen and Robert Wall, 1990), and Montague Grammar (edited, 1976).
- Author(s)Barbara B. H. Partee
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2003
- Series TitleExplorations in Semantics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note10
- Weight596 g
- Width179 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.