All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreakthroughs in medical science and techlogy, combined with shifts in lifestyle and demographics, have resulted in a rapid rise in the number of individuals living with one or more chronic illnesses. Comprehensive Care Coordination for Chronically Ill Adults presents thorough demographics on this growing sector, describes models for change, reviews current literature and examines various outcomes. Comprehensive Care Coordination for Chronically Ill Adults is divided into two parts. The first provides thorough discussion and background on theoretical concepts of care, including a complete profile of current demographics and chapters on current models of care, intervention components, evaluation methods, health information techlogy, financing, and educating an interdisciplinary team. The second part of the book uses multiple case studies from various settings to illustrate successful comprehensive care coordination in practice. Nurse, physician and social work leaders in community health, primary care, education and research, and health policy makers will find this book essential among resources to improve care for the chronically ill.
- Author BiographyCheryl Schraeder, RN, Ph.D., FAAN is currently Clinical Associate Professor and also Director of Policy and Practice Initiatives, Institute for Healthcare Innovation, at the College of Nursing at the University of Illinois in Chicago, IL. Dr. Schraeder has been the project director/ principle investigator for governmental health care agencies and private foundation demonstrations and projects with vulnerable populations. Paul S. Shelton, EdD is currently Senior Research Specialist at the Institute for Healthcare Innovation at the College of Nursing at the University of Illinois in Chicago, IL. Dr. Shelton has extensive experience in working with governmental health care agencies and private foundations in primary care management demonstrations.
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight894 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCheryl Schraeder,Paul S. Shelton
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.