Comprehensive Handbook of Multicultural School Psychology by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $211.87+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guide to current information about multicultural issues, science, and practice in school psychology Today's schools are characterized by wide variations in students' ethnic, racial, language, religious, socioecomic, and geographical characteristics. Cultural issues pervade all aspects of psychological practice as applied to school effectiveness, classroom learning and instruction, academic achievement, student behavior, and mental health. School psychologists and related personnel must apply critical thinking skills in successfully meeting the needs of an increasingly diverse student population, while working effectively with school personnel to maximize learning for all students. The Comprehensive Handbook of Multicultural School Psychology highlights the latest research in this area and offers practical information on integrating issues of cultural diversity into research and practice. This new resource is the first text of its kind to examine the pervasive influence of culture on all aspects of school psychology, including child development, psychometrics, and interventions. Thought-provoking and practical, yet grounded in empirical research, this text covers: * Conceptual, philosophical, and sociopolitical foundations of multicultural school psychology * Cultural variation within American subgroups * Educational and psychological foundations of culture, individual differences, and schooling * Testing, assessment, and intervention issues * Training and legal issues * International school psychology Featuring contributions from the world's leading scholars in this area, this definitive resource is required reading for all current and future school psychologists, as well as counselors, teachers, and administrators working in school settings.
- Author BiographyCRAIG L. FRISBY, PhD, is Associate Professor and Director of the School Psychology Program at the University of Missouri at Columbia. He is coeditor of Test Interpretation and Diversity: Achieving Equity in Assessment, and has contributed chapters to the Handbook of Nonverbal Assessment (edited by R. Steve McCallum) and The New Handbook of Multicultural Assessment: Clinical, Psychological, and Educational Applications (edited by Lisa A. Suzuki, Joseph G. Ponterotto, and Paul J. Meller). CECIL R. REYNOLDS, PhD, is Professor of Educational Psychology and Professor of Neuroscience at Texas A&M University. He is the author of several widely used psychological assessment instruments, including the Behavior Assessment System for Children, and the author or editor of more than 40 books, including Handbook of School Neuropsychology (with Rik Carl D'Amato and Elaine Fletcher-Janzen) and The Handbook of School Psychology (with Terry B. Gutkin), now in its third edition.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1971 g
- Width184 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byCecil R. Reynolds,Craig L. Frisby,Elaine Fletcher-Janzen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.