All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe most widely used college health education text and teacher resource book, Comprehensive School Health Education provides everything needed to teach health in grades in grades K-12. This text prepares teachers to design and implement a curriculum that integrates the 2007 National Health Education Standards (NHES), the six categories of risk behavior identified by the CDC, and the ten content areas of school health. Included are Totally Awesome Teaching Strategies(t), reproducible Teaching Masters, and a Curriculum Guide, all keyed to the NHES at age-appropriate grade levels. With more than 120 teaching strategies to use as lesson plans, Comprehensive School Health Education offers teachers and future teachers a dynamic and empowering approach to teaching health skills and promoting lifelong healthy behaviors in their students.
- Author BiographyLinda Meeks and Philip Heit are emeritus professors of Health Education in the College of Education at The Ohio State University. Linda and Philip previously owned Meeks Heit Publishing, a publishing company that specialized in producing health education textbooks, video, CD-ROM, and multimedia programs for grades K-12 and college. Linda and Philip sold Meeks Heit Publishing Company and the McGraw-Hill Companies acquired their product line and works closely with them. Linda and Philip remain actively involved in the health education profession, continuing to write textbooks. To date, they have co-authored more than 250 different health education textbooks that are used by millions of students preschool through college. They have recently produced new editions of Totally Awesome(R) Health K-8 and Health and Wellness 9-12. Linda and Philip continue to assist state departments of education and as well as thousands of school districts, develop comprehensive school health education curricula and implement the National Health Education Standards. Their textbooks and other materials continue to be used throughout the United States as well as in Canada, Japan, Mexico, England, Puerto Rico, Spain, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Bermuda, and the Virgin Islands. During the years they taught at The Ohio State University, Linda and Philip taught thousands of teachers, school administrators, and allied health professionals in how to teach health and communicate with children and parents on relevant health issues. During this time, Randy Page joined the faculty and taught with Linda and Philip. Linda, Philip, and Randy continued to collaborate when Randy left and joined the faculty at The University of Idaho as Professor of Health Education. Randy has written more than 70 journal articles and consulted on research projects with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. They have collaborated on Comprehensive School Health Education: Totally Awesome Strategies for Teaching Health(R); Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco: Totally Awesome(R) Strategies(R); and Violence Prevention: Totally Awesome(R) Teaching Strategies for Safe and Drug-Free Schools. Randy Page is a professor of Health at Brigham Young University. He has written more than 75 articles in professional journals, consulted with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and conducted research on adolescenthealth in the United States, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. He is co-author of Totally Awesome Teaching Strategies for Teaching Health(TM); Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco: Totally Awesome Teaching Strategies(TM); and Violence Prevention: Totally Awesome Teaching Strategies(TM) for Safe and Drug-Free Schools.
- Author(s)Linda Brower Meeks,Philip Heit,Randy M. Page
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1923 g
- Width223 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.