Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- Description1.1. Definition of Terms-Thrombosis, Thromboembolic Disease, Atherosclerosis, and Blood Clotting The terms heart attack or myocardial infarction are more commonly used than thrombosis. The infarct-muscle destruction is simply the end result and thrombosis is the real cause of the heart attack. Thrombosis may be defined as the process of formation of a coalescent or agglutinated solid mass of blood components in the blood stream. Thrombi formed in either arteries or veins often cause occlusion in the vascular system and prevent blood flow. Obstruc- to the blood vessel usually occurs at the site where the thrombi deposit. tion Furthermore, thrombi may break loose, travel through the circulating blood stream, and cause obstruction at some distal point of narrowing elsewhere. The mass or thrombus that moves is referred to as an embolus. The two phemena are lumped together under the term thromboembolic disease. Thrombosis that reduces blood supply to the heart is the primary factor in heart attacks.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1060 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byBrian E. Conway,E. Yeager,Peter Horsman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.