All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionOnce again, the depths of the criminal mind and the darkest side of a glittering city fuel #1 <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author Jonathan Kellerman's brilliant storytelling. And one conducts a more harrowing and suspenseful manhunt than the modern Sherlock Holmes of the psyche, Dr. Alex Delaware. A tipsy young woman seeking aid on a desolate highway disappears into the inky black night. A retired schoolteacher is stabbed to death in broad daylight. Two women are butchered after closing time in a small-town beauty parlor. These and other bizarre acts of cruelty and psychopathology are linked only by the killer's use of luxury vehicles and a baffling lack of motive. The ultimate whodunits, these crimes demand the attention of LAPD detective Milo Sturgis and his collaborator on the crime beat, psychologist Alex Delaware. What begins with a solitary bloodstain in a stolen sedan quickly spirals outward in odd and unexpected directions, leading Delaware and Sturgis from the well-heeled center of L.A. society to its desperate edges; across the paths of commodities brokers and transvestite hookers; and as far away as New York City, where the search thaws out a long-cold case and exposes a grotesque homicidal crusade. The killer proves to be a fleeting shape-shifter, defying identification, leaving behind dazed witnesses and death-and compelling Alex and Milo to confront the true face of murderous madness.
- Author Biography<b>Jonathan Kellerman</b> is the #1 <i>New York Times</i> bestselling author of more than three dozen bestselling crime novels, including the Alex Delaware series, <i>The Butcher's Theater, Billy Straight, The Conspiracy Club, </i><i>Twisted, </i>and<i> True Detectives</i>. With his wife, bestselling novelist Faye Kellerman, he co-authored <i>Double Homicide </i>and<i> Capital Crimes</i>. With his son, bestselling novelist Jesse Kellerman, he co-authored the first book of a new series, <i>The Golem of Hollywood</i>. He is also the author of two children's books and numerous nonfiction works, including <i>Savage Spawn: Reflections on Violent Children </i>and<i> With Strings Attached: The Art and Beauty of Vintage Guitars</i>. He has won the Goldwyn, Edgar, and Anthony awards and has been nominated for a Shamus Award. Jonathan and Faye Kellerman live in California, New Mexico, and New York.
- Author(s)Jonathan Kellerman
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleAlex Delaware Novels
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight236 g
- Width107 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.