All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition presents the theory of continuum mechanics using computational methods. The text covers a broad range of topics including general problems of large rotation and large deformations and the development and limitations of finite element formulations in solving such problems. Dr Shabana introduces theories on motion kinematics, strain, forces and stresses and goes on to discuss linear and nlinear constitutive equations, including viscoelastic and plastic constitutive models. General nlinear continuum mechanics theory is used to develop small and large finite element formulations which correctly describe rigid body motion for use in engineering applications. This second edition features a new chapter that focuses on computational geometry and finite element analysis. This book is ideal for graduate and undergraduate students, professionals and researchers who are interested in continuum mechanics.
- Author BiographyAhmed Shabana is University Distinguished Professor and the Richard and Loan Hill Professor of Engineering at the University of Illinois, Chicago. Professor Shabana is author of the books Dynamics of Multibody Systems (3rd edition), Computational Dynamics (3rd edition), Railroad Vehicle Dynamics, Theory of Vibration: An Introduction (2nd edition) and Vibration of Discrete and Continuous Systems (2nd edition). He has served on the editorial board of several journals and he is the Founding Chair of the ASME Technical Committee on Multi-Body Systems and Nonlinear Dynamics. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
- Author(s)Ahmed A. Shabana
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus. 102 exercises
- Weight780 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.