All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComputational Fluid Dynamics: Principles and Applications, Third Edition presents students, engineers, and scientists with all they need to gain a solid understanding of the numerical methods and principles underlying modern computation techniques in fluid dynamics. By providing complete coverage of the essential kwledge required in order to write codes or understand commercial codes, the book gives the reader an overview of fundamentals and solution strategies in the early chapters before moving on to cover the details of different solution techniques. This updated edition includes new worked programming examples, expanded coverage and recent literature regarding incompressible flows, the Discontinuous Galerkin Method, the Lattice Boltzmann Method, higher-order spatial schemes, implicit Runge-Kutta methods and parallelization. An accompanying companion website contains the sources of 1-D and 2-D Euler and Navier-Stokes flow solvers (structured and unstructured) and grid generators, along with tools for Von Neumann stability analysis of 1-D model equations and examples of various parallelization techniques.
- Author BiographyJiri Blazek received his MSc in Aerospace Engineering from the Institute of Technology in Aachen, Germany in 1989. He continued his research at the German Aerospace Center, DLR, and in 1995 obtained his PhD in Aerospace Engineering, focusing on CFD methods for high-speed flows, from the University of Braunschweig, Germany. Following this, Dr. Blazek worked as a research scientist at ABB Turbosystems in Baden, Switzerland, moving to ABB Corporate Research Ltd. (now ALSTOM Power Ltd.) as researcher and project leader for CFD code development in the fields of gas and steam turbines. He was appointed as senior research scientist at the Center for Simulation of Advanced Rockets, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA and in 2005 founded his own consultancy and software development firm, CFD Consulting and Analysis, in Sankt Augustin, Germany. Dr. Blazek's main research interests include: CFD code development - especially in the area of unstructured grids, aircraft and turbomachinery aerodynamics; shape optimization; and data visualization.
- Author(s)Jiri Blazek
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 150 illustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.