All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive text on the fundamentals of modeling flow and sediment transport in rivers treating both physical principles and numerical methods for various degrees of complexity. Includes 1-D, 2-D (both depth- and width-averaged) and 3-D models, as well as the integration and coupling of these models. Contains a broad selection of numerical methods for open-channel flows, such as the SIMPLE(C) algorithms on staggered and n-staggered grids, the projection method, and the stream function and vorticity method. The state-of-the-art in sediment transport modeling approaches is described, such as n-equilibrium transport models, n-uniform total-load transport models, and semi-coupled and coupled procedures for flow and sediment calculations. Sediment transport theory is discussed and many newly-developed, n-uniform sediment transport formulae are presented. The many worked examples illustrate various conditions, such as reservoir sedimentation; channel erosion due to dam construction; channel widening and meandering; local scour around in-stream hydraulic structures; vegetation effects on channel morphodynamic processes; cohesive sediment transport; dam-break fluvial processes and contaminant transport. Recommended as a reference guide for river and hydraulic engineers and as a course text for teaching sediment transport modeling, computational free-surface flow, and computational river dynamics to senior students.
- Author BiographyWeiming Wu has more than twenty years of experience with 1D-, 2D-, and 3D-numerical modeling of turbulent flow, sediment transport, and pollutant transport in surface water systems. He participated in the study of the navigation and sediment problems of the Three Gorges Project in the Yangtze River. He is one of the developers of the FAST3D model, used to simulate sedimentation processes, and the main developer of the CCHE1D model, a channel-network model that is integrated with landscape and watershed models. He has also developed the FVM-based CCHE2D model, a depth-averaged 2D model for unsteady flow and non-uniform sediment transport in open channels.
- Author(s)Weiming Wu
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight884 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.