All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionQuantitative research in social science research is changing rapidly. Researchers have vast and complex arrays of data with which to work: we have incredible tools to sift through the data and recognize patterns in that data; there are w many sophisticated models that we can use to make sense of those patterns; and we have extremely powerful computational systems that help us accomplish these tasks quickly. This book focuses on some of the extraordinary work being conducted in computational social science - in academia, government, and the private sector - while highlighting current trends, challenges, and new directions. Thus, Computational Social Science showcases the invative methodological tools being developed and applied by leading researchers in this new field. The book shows how academics and the private sector are using many of these tools to solve problems in social science and public policy.
- Author BiographyR. Michael Alvarez is a Professor of Political Science at the California Institute of Technology. He is a Fellow of the Society for Political Methodology. He is the coeditor of Political Analysis and of the Cambridge University Press series, Analytical Methods for Social Science. He recently coauthored, with Lonna Rae Atkeson and Thad E. Hall, Evaluating Elections: A Handbook of Methods and Standards. He is also codirector of the Caltech/MIT Voting Technology Project.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleAnalytical Methods for Social Research
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note46 b/w illus. 2 maps 18 tables
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byR. Michael Alvarez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.