All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces readers to modern computational mechanics based on the finite element method. It helps students succeed in mechanics courses by showing them how to apply the fundamental kwledge they gained in the first years of their engineering education to more advanced topics. In order to deepen readers' understanding of the derived equations and theories, each chapter also includes supplementary problems. These problems start with fundamental kwledge questions on the theory presented in the chapter, followed by calculation problems. In total over 80 such calculation problems are provided, along with brief solutions for each. This book is especially designed to meet the needs of Australian students, reviewing the mathematics covered in their first two years at university. The 13-week course comprises three hours of lectures and two hours of tutorials per week.
- Author BiographyAndreas Ochsner is a Full Professor at the School of Engineering, Griffith University, Australia and Leader of the Mechanical Engineering Program (Head of Discipline and Program Director). Having obtained a Dipl.-Ing. degree in Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Stuttgart (1997), Germany, he served as a research and teaching assistant at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg from 1997 to 2003 while working to complete his Doctor of Engineering Sciences (Dr.-Ing.) degree. From 2003 to 2006, he was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Head of the Cellular Metals Group affiliated with the University of Aveiro, Portugal. He spent seven years (2007-2013) as a Full Professor at the Department of Applied Mechanics, Technical University of Malaysia, where he was also Head of the Advanced Materials and Structure Lab.
- Author(s)Andreas Ochsner
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication02/04/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note225 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight919 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.