Computer Arithmetic: Algorithms and Hardware Designs by Behrooz Parhami (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $249.42+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $188.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIdeal for graduate and senior undergraduate courses in computer arithmetic and advanced digital design, Computer Arithmetic: Algorithms and Hardware Designs, Second Edition, provides a balanced, comprehensive treatment of computer arithmetic. It covers topics in arithmetic unit design and circuit implementation that complement the architectural and algorithmic speedup techniques used in high-performance computer architecture and parallel processing. Using a unified and consistent framework, the text begins with number representation and proceeds through basic arithmetic operations, floating-point arithmetic, and function evaluation methods. Later chapters cover broad design and implementation topics-including techniques for high-throughput, low-power, fault-tolerant, and reconfigurable arithmetic. An appendix provides a historical view of the field and speculates on its future. An indispensable resource for instruction, professional development, and research, Computer Arithmetic: Algorithms and Hardware Designs, Second Edition, combines broad coverage of the underlying theories of computer arithmetic with numerous examples of practical designs, worked-out examples, and a large collection of meaningful problems. This second edition includes a new chapter on reconfigurable arithmetic, in order to address the fact that arithmetic functions are increasingly being implemented on field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and FPGA-like configurable devices. Updated and thoroughly revised, the book offers new and expanded coverage of saturating adders and multipliers, truncated multipliers, fused multiply-add units, overlapped quotient digit selection, bipartite and multipartite tables, reversible logic, dot tation, modular arithmetic, Montgomery modular reduction, division by constants, IEEE floating-point standard formats, and interval arithmetic. Features: * Divided into 28 lecture-size chapters * Emphasizes both the underlying theories of computer arithmetic and actual hardware designs * Carefully links computer arithmetic to other subfields of computer engineering * Includes 717 end-of-chapter problems ranging in complexity from simple exercises to mini-projects * Incorporates many examples of practical designs * Uses consistent standardized tation throughout * Instructor's manual includes solutions to text problems * An author-maintained website http://www.ece.ucsb.edu/~parhami/text comp arit.htm contains instructor resources, including complete lecture slides
- Author(s)Behrooz Parhami
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleThe Oxford Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note300 line illus.
- Weight1293 g
- Width193 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.