All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionComputer-Assisted Surgery (CAS) is a new tool for performing complex procedures in a predictable and safe way. This book is designed to serve as a comprehensive review of Computer-Assisted Surgery, covering the current status of both research and applications. CAS includes Virtual Preoperative Planning (VPP) and Intraoperative Virtual Navigation (IVN), which are a set of techlogies used to measure oncological margins in 3-Dimensions (3D), to locate small intraosseous tumors and apply controlled resections preserving anatomical structures. During VPP, patient acquired multimodal images are processed and an interactive virtual scenario is created. This can then be used as a platform to measure oncological distances and preplan osteotomies in safe areas. IVN is a procedure which allows the execution of the VPP with a mean error of less than 3mm. For the student, medical doctors, research and development scientists or new researchers, the protocols are central to the performance of Computer-Assisted techlogies.
- Author BiographyDr Lucas E. Ritacco Department of Health Informatics, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, 4247 Potosi, Buenos Aires 119, Argentina. Mr Federico Milano Department of Health Informatics, Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires (ITBA), Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, 4247 Potosi, Buenos Aires 119, Argentina.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/11/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight768 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEdmund Chao,Federico E. Milano,Lucas E. Ritacco
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.