All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake the most of your new Windows(R) 8.1 tebook, desktop computer, or tablet-without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to get comfortable, get productive, get online, get started with social networking, make more connections, and have more fun! Even if you've never used a Windows computer before, this book shows you how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Computer basics have never, ever been this simple! Who knew how simple using computers could be? This is today's best beginner's guide to using your computer or tablet with the new Windows 8.1 operating system...simple, practical instructions for doing everything you really want to do! Here's a small sample of what you'll learn: * Set up Windows 8.1 and get online fast * Use the new Windows 8.1 Modern interface * Get started with social networking on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn * Use Windows 8.1 's built-in apps-and find great new apps in the Windows Store * Connect printers and external storage, and set up automatic file backup * Create a home network in just minutes * Go online to shop, sell your stuff, manage your money, and do research * Get your office work done fast * Organize, view, and share photos * Play music using Windows 8.1, iTunes, or streaming music services * Watch TV shows and movies online * Protect yourself against viruses, spyware, and spam * Keep your system running reliably at top speed
- Author BiographyMichael Miller is a successful and prolific author with a reputation for practical advice and technical accuracy and an unerring empathy for the needs of his readers. Mr. Miller has written more than 150 best-selling books over the past two decades. His books for Que include Easy Computer Basics, My Windows 8.1 Computer for Seniors, My Facebook for Seniors, Facebook for Grown-Ups, Easy Facebook, My Pinterest, and The Ultimate Digital Music Guide. He is known for his casual, easy-to-read writing style and his practical, real-world advice-as well as his ability to explain a wide variety of complex topics to an everyday audience. You can email Mr. Miller directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. His website is located at www.molehillgroup.com. Follow him on Twitter: @molehillgroup.
- Author(s)Michael Miller
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/01/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Out-of-print date16/05/2017
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, black & white tables, figures
- Weight726 g
- Width180 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.