All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionComputers for Librarians is aimed primarily at students of library and information management and at those library and information service professionals who feel the need for a book that will give them a broad overview of the emerging electronic library. It takes a top-down approach, starting with applications such as the Internet, information sources and services, provision of access to information resources and library management systems, before looking at data management, computer systems and techlogy, data communications and networking, and library systems development. It also provides an interesting set of case studies, which help to put theoretical and technical issues into context. Computers for Librarians can be read as a survey of where we are in terms of the electronic library, but it is also intended as an educational resource, and includes self-learning aids such as learning objectives, keywords and review questions for each chapter.
- Author BiographyRodney Hebels works in the Information Technology Division of TAFE New South Wales, has a background in computer mathematics, statistics and secondary education, and has worked as a programmer and as a secondary school teacher.
- Author(s)Rodney Hebels,Stuart Ferguson
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleTopics in Australasian Library and Information Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCharles Sturt University, Centre for Information Studies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.