All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionConcanavalin A (Con A), a plant lectin, has become an object of extensive research t only for the biochemist, but also for the bi- ologist, biophysicist, pathologist, immulogist and others. On April 19-20, 1974 a group of scholars from four continents met on the campus of the University of Oklahoma for an International Symposium on Con A. This volume contains all lectures presented by the invited speakers on this occasion, as well as the abstracts for all shorter technical papers which were presented. Further, the edi- tors invited additional contributions from a few selected laboratories to cover the areas t covered in the symposium itself. This volume then reports the present status of research with Con A. In a sense it is encyclopedic and should be a useful reference tool to the worker in this field. The newcomer to this area will find that a careful study of this book will bring him up-to-date with the latest techniques, ap- proaches and the state of the art in this specialized area of re- search, as well as with traps and ensnarements in which he need t get entangled again. Starting at the molecular level and advancing from there to the organismic level as well as to a number of highly specialized areas, this volume presents the most complete survey of research findings with Con A available today. The editors wish to ackwledge the generous financial support provided by the University of Oklahoma through its President, Dr.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number55
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight653 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byTushar K. Chowdhury
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.