All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionConcepts and Methods in Modern Theoretical Chemistry, Two-Volume Set focuses on the structure and dynamics of systems and phenomena. A new addition to the series Atoms, Molecules, and Clusters, the two books offer chapters written by experts in their fields. They enable readers to learn how concepts from ab initio quantum chemistry, density functional theory (DFT), and molecular simulation can be used to describe, understand, and predict electronic structure, chemical reactivity, and dynamics. The first book focuses on the electronic structure and reactivity of many-electron systems, and the second book deals with the statistical mechanical treatment of collections of such systems. Concepts and Methods in Modern Theoretical Chemistry: Electronic Structure and Reactivity includes articles on DFT, particularly the functional and conceptual aspects, excited states, molecular electrostatic potentials, intermolecular interactions, general theoretical aspects, application to molecules, clusters and solids, electronic stress, the information theory, the virial theorem, new periodic tables, the role of the ionization potential, electron affinity difference, and more. Concepts and Methods in Modern Theoretical Chemistry: Statistical Mechanics includes chapters on time-dependent DFT, quantum fluid dynamics (QFD), photodynamic control, nonlinear dynamics, molecules in laser fields, charge carrier mobility, excitation energy transfer, chemical reactions, quantum Brownian motion, the third law of thermodynamics, transport properties, and nucleation. Although most of the chapters are written at a level that is accessible to a senior graduate student, experienced researchers will also find interesting new insights in these experts' perspectives. This comprehensive set provides an invaluable guide toward understanding the whole gamut of atoms, molecules, and clusters.
- Author BiographySwapan Kumar Ghosh earned a B.S. (Honors) and an M.S. from the University of Burdwan, Bardhaman, India, and a Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. He did postdoctoral research at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Dr. Ghosh is currently a senior scientist with the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, India, and head of its theoretical chemistry section. He is also a senior professor and dean-academic (Chemical Sciences, BARC) of the Homi Bhabha National Institute, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), India, and an adjunct professor with the University of Mumbai-DAE Centre of Excellence in Basic Sciences, India. Dr. Ghosh's research interests are theoretical chemistry, computational materials science, and soft condensed matter physics. Pratim Kumar Chattaraj earned a B.S. (Honors) and an M.S. from Burdwan University and a Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, and then joined the faculty of the IIT, Kharagpur. He is now a professor with the Department of Chemistry and also the convener of the Center for Theoretical Studies there. He visited the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, as a postdoctoral research associate and several other universities throughout the world as a visiting professor. Apart from teaching, Professor Chattaraj is involved in research on density functional theory, the theory of chemical reactivity, aromaticity in metal clusters, ab initio calculations, quantum trajectories, and nonlinear dynamics. He has been invited to deliver special lectures at several international conferences and to contribute chapters to many edited volumes.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAtoms, Molecules, and Clusters
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note123 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPratim Kumar Chattaraj,Swapan Kumar Ghosh
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.