All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uses less strict yet still formal mathematical language to clarify a variety of concepts in Quantum Field Theory that remain somewhat fuzzy in many books designed for undergraduates and fresh graduates. The aim is t to replace formal books on Quantum Field Theory, but rather to offer a helpful complementary tool for beginners in the field. Features include a reader-friendly introduction to tensor calculus and the concept of manifolds; a simple and robust treatment for dimensional regularization; a consistent explanation of the rermalization procedure, step by step and in a transparent manner at all orders, using the QED Lagrangian; and extensive treatment of infrared as well as ultraviolet divergences. The most general (Lorentz invariant) form of Noether's theorem is presented and applied to a few simple yet relevant examples in Quantum Field Theory. These and further interesting topics are addressed in a way that will be accessible for the target readership. Some familiarity with basic tions of Quantum Field Theory and the basics of Special Relativity is assumed.
- Author BiographyVictor Ilisie graduated in Physics in 2010 from the University of Valencia and in the following year obtained his Master's Degree in Advanced Physics (branch: Theoretical Physics). He subsequently worked as a researcher at the University of Valencia and in 2014 and 2015 has been teaching courses on Classical Mechanics at the university, where he is completing a PhD within the framework of a project on Particle Physics Phenomenology at the LHC and Flavour Factories . He has also worked temporarily at Universite Paris-Sud, Orsay, France and has a number of published papers to his name.
- Author(s)Victor Ilisie
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- Series TitleUNITEXT for Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight473 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.