CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights foundational issues in theoretical physics in an informal, open style of lecture. It expresses the flow of ideas in physics - from the period of Galileo and Newton to the contemporary ideas of the quantum and relativity theories, astrophysics and cosmology - as explanations for the laws of matter. Rather than presenting the ideas of physics as a fait accompli, the book leaves it up to the reader to decide which of these 20th-century ideas in science will carry over to the 21st century for our further comprehension of the laws of nature in all domains, from that of elementary particles to cosmology.It is the contention of the author that our future progress in physics comprehension will only take place when the foundational controversies between the quantum and relativity theories are recognized and discussion is given to their resolution. The book, therefore, presents an attitude t rmally taken in other present-day books on subjects in contemporary theoretical physics and cosmology.
- Author(s)Mendel Sachs
- PublisherImperial College Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImperial College Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.