Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores both n parametric and general statistical ideas by developing n parametric procedures in simple situations. The major goal is to give the reader a thorough intuitive understanding of the concepts underlying nparametric procedures and a full appreciation of the properties and operating characteristics of those procedures covered. This book differs from most statistics books by including considerable philosophical and methodological discussion. Special attention is given to discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of various statistical methods and approaches. Difficulties that often arise in applying statistical theory to real data also receive substantial attention. The approach throughout is more conceptual than mathematical. The Theorem-Proof format is avoided; generally, properties are shown, rather than proved. In most cases the ideas behind the proof of an im- portant result are discussed intuitively in the text and formal details are left as an exercise for the reader. We feel that the reader will learn more from working such things out than from checking step-by-step a complete presen- tation of all details.
- Author(s)J. D. Gibbons,J. W. Pratt
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/02/2012
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight735 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.