Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionFrom environmental management to land planning and geo-marketing, the number of application domains that may greatly benefit from using data enriched with spatio-temporal features is expanding very rapidly. This book shows that a conceptual design approach for spatio-temporal databases is both feasible and easy to apprehend. While providing a firm basis through extensive discussion of traditional data modeling concepts, the major focus of the book is on modeling spatial and temporal information.
- Author BiographyChristine Parent is a full professor, at the Computer ScienceDepartment, University of Burgundy at Dijon, France. She is part-time professor at HEC INFORGE of the University of Lausanne. She got her Ph.D. from the University of Paris VI, in 1987. She has been teaching and researching in data management systems since 1970. She authored many papers in well-known journals and conferences on the development of an extended entity-relationship approach, on schema integration methodologies and spatio-temporal database modeling. She gave several tutorials on these topics and served on many program committees of international conferences. Her current research interests include a cooperative design methodology relying on the integration of existing heterogeneous databases, modeling of spatio-temporal databases, and ontologies. Stefano Spaccapietra is a full professor at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland, where he heads the database laboratory. He has been in an academic position all along his career. He got his PhD from the university of Paris VI, in 1978, where he first had his master in computer science in 1969. He moved to the university of Burgundy, Dijon, in 1983 to occupy a professor position at the Institute of Technology. He left Dijon for EPFL in 1988. His current research interests include conceptual modelling, visual user interfaces, ontologies and location-based services. Esteban Zimanyi is a Professor of Computer Science at the Engineering Department of the Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium. He started his studies at the Universidad Autonoma de Centro America, Costa Rica. He received the BSc degree and the doctorate degree in computer science from the Faculte des Sciences at the ULB. During 1997, he was a visiting researcher at the Database Laboratory of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland. His current research interests include conceptual modelling, semantic web, bio-informatics, geographic information systems, and temporal databases.
- Author(s)Christine Parent,Esteban Zimanyi,Stefano Spaccapietra
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication20/04/2006
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note115 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight851 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.